26 августа 2004

Brief update

I need to run and catch a bus in 30 minutes to go catch a train that leaves in two hours. And I still haven't packed or decided what to bring. In any event here is what I've been up to the past few days.

On Tuesday evening I visited the market for the first time. I had a fairly successful dinner (all things considered) of corn and watermelon from the market. Also took a few pictures of real live wooden bears in the park.


Wednesday I woke up before noon! After speaking with the folks and IMing the woman, I farted around a bit and walked down to the closest metro station. Hoofing it back to the division building in time for lunch at 1 pm was wasted effort. On the last Wednesday of every month there is no lunch. Perhaps this is some Russian custom I am not familiar with, but in any event I was hungry. Around two I took the bus with three other Americans and a Moldovan down to a bustling souvenir market. For 10 rubles, I bought myself lunch. Robyn, one of the people I was with, bought me kvass to drink. Not bad, about 30 cents for a decent lunch.

Today I awoke with grand delusions of seeing the city myself. After another bout with the IM, I crawled back into bed till I was awakened a bit past one by Sergei asking me if I wanted lunch.

So there it is: my days in the proverbial nutshell. I'll flesh them out sometime when I get a chance (if I get a chance). Now off to ride my first all night train!
On пятница, августа 27, 2004 5:38:00 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Troy, I'm very glad that you're still alive.

 

<< Home