06 сентября 2004

Make Believe

In just a few hours I head for the airport again. The main difference being that my flight attendants and fellow passengers will mostly likely speak Russian. I'm ready. Armed with my Langenscheidt's Pocket Dictionary I should be able to figure what they say out, or at least provide some comic relief. The only thing left to pack is my backpack filled with all the technological gear. Then perhaps I'll take a walk around the neighborhood, like I did when I arrived here two weeks ago. Come to think of it, I woke up for my first full day in Russia about the same time that I will be leaving Moscow for Kaliningrad today. Over the past two weeks I think I've finally acclimated to the time change, adjusted to the drop in temperature, and grown to like mass transportation. Now it's time to do it all over again. Woo-hoo!

I'll try to find some sort of reliable internet connection to use, but do not expect to hear from me for another week or so. In the event that I post sooner, you may assume that the Kaliningradovites did not relish my presence and tossed me onto the not-so-nearby Sealand (pictures).

<< Home